132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Studio Art (Drawing and Painting) Instructor, Part-Time
Position TitleStudio Art (Drawing and Painting) Instructor, Part-Time
Position TypeFaculty Part Time Pool
Percentage EmployeeNot to exceed 60%
Number of Months AssignmentPart-Time pools are open continuously and applicants are contacted/hired for assignments based on the college needs.
Starting DateAs Needed - This is to establish a pool for future part-time teaching positions.
Dependent upon academic background and educational experience. Please visit our website at http://www.riohondo.edu/hr/hr-documents/ to see the faculty salary schedule.
DepartmentArts and Cultural Programs (Dept)
Open Until FilledNo
About Rio Hondo College
About Río Hondo College
Río Hondo College welcomes and embraces all students in their educational and career pathways. As a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), our College has a student population of 22,000, of which 18,000 are Latinx students. We were the first college in Los Angeles County to provide two years of free tuition to first-time, full-time college students through our Río Promise program. We are proud to acknowledge that many of our students have transferred to high ranked institutions such as Harvard, Stanford, USC and UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, Cal State LA, Cal State Long Beach, and Whittier College to name a few.
Our caring and dedicated student-centered staff, faculty, and administrators are devoted to the advancement of educational justice, equity, and opportunity for all our students. Our College’s 900 employees, with close to 600 faculty, hold themselves accountable for the academic success of disproportionately impacted student populations. Our entire staff, with unwavering team collaboration, work hard to ensure our students reach their full potential by eliminating gaps in academic outcomes that traditionally hinder students of color.
Río Hondo College is committed to the recruitment of qualified and diverse employees who are dedicated to our students’ success. We recognize that diversity in an academic environment fosters cultural awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for our students. We are steadfast in our hiring practices and staff development processes which reinforce the goals of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion. Our practices and processes also support the importance of a workforce that reflects the community and the diverse student population we serve.
Río Hondo College employs approximately 55% tenured track faculty of color; 60% part-time faculty of color; 85% classified staff of color; and 50% administrators of color.
Río Hondo College offers 30 associate degrees that guarantee transfer (ADTs) to Cal State Universities, a bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology, more than 60 certificates, a Pathway to Law School, dual enrollment with K-12 districts, state championship speech & debate team, top-notch athletic teams, student leadership opportunities, travel abroad experiences and more.
In collaboration with the communities in Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, El Monte, South El Monte, Whittier, portions of Norwalk, La Mirada, Downey, La Puente, the City of Industry, Los Nietos and Avocado Heights, Río Hondo College provides an exceptional academic curriculum to meet the unique needs of our region and strengthen our communities.
This is a continuous recruitment to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the pool of applicants on file to fill temporary assignments as needed. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department or division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Master’s degree in fine arts, art, or art history
Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND Master’s degree in humanities
A valid California Community College Credential authorizing service in the appropriate subject matter
Demonstrate a sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
(Note: “Master’s degree in fine arts” as used here refers to any Master’s degree in the subject matter of fine arts, which is defined to include visual studio arts such as drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, textiles, and metal and jewelry art; and also art education and art therapy. It does not refer to the “Master of Fine Arts” (MFA) degree when that degree is based on specialization in performing arts or dance, film, video, photography, creative writing or other non-plastic arts.)
1) A Master’s in fine arts (M.A.), studio arts AND evidence of eminence in the field as demonstrated by one of the following: (a) an extensive statewide or national exhibition record of juried or individual shows in recognized galleries or museums OR (b) evidence of five years of professional work in the commercial arts field; OR 2) Bachelor’s in fine arts, studio art, art history or any humanities AND the successful completion of 30 units, in combination of upper division, undergraduate and graduate coursework, at least half of which must be at the graduate level, in fine arts or studio art AND evidence of eminence in the field as demonstrated by one of the following: (a) an extensive statewide or national exhibition record of juried or invitational shows in recognized galleries or museums OR (b) evidence of five years of professional work in the commercial arts field.
Assignment may include teaching courses as assigned during day and evening hours. Have a commitment to professional excellence and continuous growth in the fields of teaching. Other professional responsibilities and activities normally expected of members of community college faculty as described by Board Policies and the California Education code.
Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an Evaluation Service prior to the closing date. Certification must be attached with copies of transcripts.
Applications are now being accepted to develop a list of qualified candidates for Studio Art (Drawing and Painting) Instructor, Part-Time.
Applicants must submit a complete online application that includes the items listed.
- Rio Hondo College online application (which includes supplemental questions)
- Cover Page (one page)
- Résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- Complete transcripts of all colleges/university studies, including degree earned (copies will be accepted)
- PAPER APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATION MATERIALS SENT VIA MAIL, FAX, OR EMAIL WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED.
- NOTE THAT ALL CORRESPONDENCE, INCLUDING INTERVIEW INVITATIONS, WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL.
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires the District obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes his/her right to work in the United States.
- Successful candidate is responsible for verifying all prior work experience and providing all academic transcripts for purposes of salary placement.
- As a condition of employment, the selected applicant must provide a set of fingerprints (at the applicant’s expense) taken by an official LiveScan agency.
- Provide a Certificate of Tuberculosis Exam for initial employment (The certificate must be renewed every 4 years as a condition of continuing employment).
- For positions requiring a valid California driver’s license, proof of insurability is required.
- Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and require accommodations for completing the application process, testing (if required for position), or the interview, please notify the Human Resources Office.
- A copy of this announcement will be provided in Braille to visually impaired applicants upon request.
Commitment to Diversity
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Cancel RTF Policy
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RE-OPEN, RE-ADVERTISE, DELAY OR CANCEL FILLING THIS POSITION.
THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL FUTURE VACANCIES.
Rio Hondo College is committed to employing qualified administrators, faculty and staff members who are dedicated to student success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters cultural awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates.
*Please mention you saw this ad on FacultyJobs.*
Faculty Jobs in Popular Cities