Music Instructor (Reedley College) Part-Time Faculty Pool
TitleMusic Instructor (Reedley College) Part-Time Faculty Pool
Campus LocationReedley College
Essential Functions of Position
Providing instruction in Music in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position and currency in teaching Music;
- Teaching a full range and schedule of community college music and music appreciation courses;
- Using a variety of pedagogies and integrating a wide range of instructional delivery systems including innovative and creative uses of technology for face-to-face, on-line, and/or hybrid formats;
- Communicating effectively with students;
- Using effective teaching methods appropriate to the subject matter, adherence to institutionally approved curriculum course outlines of record;
- Evaluating student progress through tests and examinations, written assignments, oral responses, etc. in keeping with course objectives;
- Providing course syllabi to students;
- Maintaining classroom records in accordance with District Policy;
- Turning in all required student grading and evaluation reports in a timely manner; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- Master’s in music;
- Bachelor’s in music AND master’s in humanities;
- A valid California Community College credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom.
- Include post-secondary experience teaching music classes in various genres as well as teaching Music Appreciation;
- Related work and professional experience;
- Experience in computer assisted instruction and other instructional technologies;
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration;
- Ability to develop new and current curriculum and focus on student learning outcomes to improve student learning;
- Experience working with students of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and remediate one’s instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Salary and Benefits
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.
Additional Information about the Position
Open Until FilledYes
*Please mention you saw this ad on FacultyJobs.*