132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
AE Instructor I (Hourly)
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:AE Instructor I (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:Responsible for instruction in English as a Second Language (ESL) and/or subject/subjects of the GED (writing skills, social studies, science, language arts, and mathematics) and/or non-credit Career Pathways classes (computer/IT, accounting, and other in-demand occupational areas) and/or substitution of these same classes. This hourly rate is for instructors assigned a class for the Capitol Area AEL Consortium.
Description of Duties & Tasks
- Instructs in ESL, and/or subject/subjects of the GED (writing skills, social studies, science, language arts, and mathematics), and/or non-credit Career Pathways classes (computer/IT, accounting, and other in-demand occupational areas).
- Prepares student monthly reports.
- Maintains student daily records, monitoring, and recording student progress using formal and informal methods.
- Participates in mandated teacher training sessions.
- Develops classroom environment conducive to optimal student learning with a balance of structure and care.
- Completes annual professional development requirements established by the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Knowledge of effective teaching techniques.
- Able to plan creative, relevant lessons that match student learning needs.
- Effective classroom management and individual communication techniques.
- Knowledge of virtual conferencing tools such as WebEx, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, and/or Google Meet.
- Knowledge of ACC student systems such as ACC email, claiming your ACCeID, and online services.
- Growth mindset and its application in the classroom.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including evening and/or weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to assist students with digital literacy and ACC online tools such as ACC email, ACCeID, and online services.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
- Google Office Suite.
- Video conferencing tools such as WebEx, Google Meet, and/or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Required Work Experience
- One year teaching experience in adult education or in a related non-traditional setting.
Preferred Work Experience
- Teaching in an online environment.
- Previous work experience in higher education setting.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Master's degree in Adult Education.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel.
- Must be available to teach evenings and weekends.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Trained in specialized curriculum such as Wilson Reading System, Neuhaus, and/or Making Math Real.
- ACC systems such as Ellucian Colleague.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting and moving of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:10
Job Posting Close Date:April 3, 2023
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
*Please mention you saw this ad on FacultyJobs.*
Faculty Jobs in Popular Cities