132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Faculty Instructor Research - Full-Time
Faculty Instructor Research - Full-Time
Med-Psychiatry - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (23001547)
Research Instructor in Psychiatry
The University of Pittsburgh, Department of Psychiatry
Pittsburgh, United States
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC ) are seeking full-time Ph.D. scientists who will contribute to research in the area of adult mental health.
The incumbent’s responsibilities will include:
- Conducting and supporting research that focuses on understanding complex human cognitive functions.
- Contributing to lab management, including project logistics.
- Performing all research activities in accordance with all university, federal, and other applicable guidelines governing the appropriate conduct of research.
The search committee will primarily be looking for demonstrated experience in:
- Contributing to collaborative mental health research.
- Participating in planning and conducting research projects and writing research papers.
- Providing educational training instruction in lab procedures.
Successful candidates will join a vibrant and highly interactive research community with a long history of excellence in basic, translational, and clinical research.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Psychology or related field.
- Demonstrated interest in psychiatry research (e.g., as shown through peer review publications).
- Success in authoring original research and review articles in refereed journals. The quality of the journals themselves and the position of authorship will be considered.
- Demonstrated research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a rapidly changing/growing educational institution
About the Employer
At the University of Pittsburgh Department of Psychiatry, we excel in our mission to:
- provide superb behavioral health services to our patients and their families;
- pursue the development of better diagnostic techniques and therapeutic interventions through innovative research;
- provide a stimulating learning environment for medical and graduate students, residents, psychology interns, and postdoctoral fellows.
Our success in each of these areas is dependent upon an interactive community of clinicians, scientists and educators who bring diversity in background, experience, expertise and perspective to our mission.
Our Department seeks to be an inclusive and safe space for all who work here. We value diversity and are committed to rectifying longstanding inequities within research and academia. Thus, women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to becoming an anti-racist institution and a national leader in efforts to understand and address race and social determinants of equity and well-being. To this end, the university has a cluster hire and retention initiative to transform its expertise in, and research on, Race and Social Determinants of Equity, Health, and Well-Being.
An essential partner in this work is UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital, a national leader in the innovative treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Moreover, Pitt Psychiatry’s preeminent academic faculty of more than 200 members trained in multiple basic and clinical science disciplines are at the heart of our success in providing superior behavioral health care and in training the next generation of innovative researchers and clinicians.
Areas of Research
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to championing all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our community. This commitment is a fundamental value of the University and is crucial in helping us advance our mission, which includes attracting and retaining diverse workforces. We will continue to create and maintain an environment that allows individuals to discover, belong, contribute, and grow, while honoring the experiences, perspectives, and unique identities of all.The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets. The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit coronavirus.pitt.edu to learn more about this requirement.
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Required Attachments: Curriculum Vitae
Optional Attachments: Cover Letter, Letters of Recommendation, Research Statement
*Please mention you saw this ad on FacultyJobs.*
Faculty Jobs in Popular Cities