132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Part-time Faculty, Broadcasting Technology
The Media Studies department is seeking qualified part-time instructors to teach broadcasting technology and advanced editing/postproduction classes. Teaching assignment(s) may include any of the curriculum approved courses within the discipline of broadcasting technology (film making/video, media production, radio/TV).
Must meet one of the sets of qualifications listed under 1) through 3):
- Any bachelor’s degree or higher AND two years of professional experience.
- Any associate degree AND six years of professional experience.
- A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of the qualifications in either 1) or 2) above. You must complete and attach the Application for Equivalency form (www.palomar.edu/hr/equivalency-app/), if you do not possess the specific minimum qualifications as stated above, which includes degrees that have not been awarded at the time of submitting the application.
Only coursework completed at, and degrees awarded by, accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will be considered as satisfying the minimum qualifications. Coursework and degrees that are completed outside of the United States are required to have transcripts evaluated (evaluation to U.S. equivalency and a course by course analysis) by an appropriate U.S. credentials evaluation service. For a list of credentials evaluation agencies accepted by Palomar College, visit the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES) website at www.naces.org, or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) website at http://aice-eval.org/.
NOTE : For professional experience, a “year” is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 10 months.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Antiracism (DEIAA) Statement
Palomar College serves over 30,000 students from a variety of backgrounds and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our student body is rich in its diversity. Click here to see a quick overview of our student demographics on our recent Student Fact Sheet.
Palomar College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are dedicated to empowering students to succeed and are guided by our core values; some of which are the following:
- Access to our programs and services
- Equity and the fair treatment of all in our policies and procedures
- Diversity in learning environments, philosophies, cultures, beliefs, and people
- Inclusiveness of individual and collective viewpoints in collegial decision-making processes
- Mutual respect and trust through transparency, civility, and open communications
All positions require cultural competency which includes the sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
Licenses and/or Certificates
Part-time faculty members receive supervision from the Division Dean and direction from the Department Chair.
Complete working conditions may be viewed at www.palomar.edu/hr/employees/personnel/faculty/pffcontract/.
Terms of Employment
Part-time faculty members are not to exceed a load of 67%.
The person selected for hire will be required to complete the following pre-employment requirements: live scan/fingerprinting, official transcript(s), TB risk assessment, and employment verification(s). Other pre-employment requirements may be required depending on the position (i.e. certifications or licenses; see applicable job posting section for details). Successful completion of all pre-employment requirements is mandatory to be eligible for employment. These requirements are in accordance with the following Administrative Procedures and Board Policies: AP 7120, AP 7125, AP 7126, AP 7127, AP 7330, BP 7330, AP 7336, AP 7337, and BP 7335.
Complete terms of employment may be viewed at www.palomar.edu/hr/employees/personnel/faculty/pffcontract/.
*Please mention you saw this ad on FacultyJobs.*
Faculty Jobs in Popular Cities