132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Open Rank Clinical Faculty – Child & Adolescent Psychologist - (FAC002865)
: H0624 Behavioral & Social Sciences
Commensurate with experience
This is a non-tenure track faculty position for a clinical child & adolescent psychologist that will provide direct patient care for the University of Houston Health Family Care Center. This psychologist will also actively contribute to the educational mission of Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine through clinical teaching, training, and supervision of medical students and graduate student learners in behavioral health fields. This is a clinical position and faculty will report directly to the Chair of Behavioral and Social Sciences.
Specific duties include the following:
Direct Patient Care
- Provide outpatient mental health services to children, youth, and families, applying evidence-based practice principles, providing care that is culturally guided and trauma informed.
- Collaborate with community health workers, schools, and medical team to coordinate access to care.
- Implement needs assessment consultations and diagnostic evaluation processes.
- Implement a range of treatment programs including clinics for disruptive behavior, internalizing problems, and dialectical behavior therapy.
- Contribute to clinical program development.
- Participate in community outreach activities.
- Provide training and direct clinical supervision for doctoral psychology students.
- Precept medical students in the UH Health Family Care Center (FCC) as part of the Longitudinal Primary Care Course and Psychiatry Clerkship.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae and a statement of clinical service and training interests and experience, recent student evaluations of the applicant’s teaching/supervision (if available), and names and contact information of three professional references.
Salary and rank are commensurate with academic achievements and experience.
Full-Time: 1 FTE (12-months/year)
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Licensed/License Eligible for the practice of Psychology in the State of Texas
- Doctoral degree from an APA accredited psychology doctoral program
- Completed APA accredited internship training program within a medical/health setting
- Specialized training and clinical experience working with children, adolescents, and families.
- Experience providing clinical training and supervision
- Postdoctoral training in health service psychology for children, adolescents, and families.
- Experience teaching medical students, residents, and psychology graduate students
- Experience contributing to program development and evaluation projects
- Training in best practices for tele behavioral health services.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, Vietnamese, Arabic, and/or Chinese
Required Attachments by Candidate: Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Evidence of Effective Teaching
: Feb 15, 2023, 6:08:37 PM
*Please mention you saw this ad on FacultyJobs.*
Faculty Jobs in Popular Cities