132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Adult Education Coordinator/ESL Instructor
Adult Education Coordinator/ESL Instructor
Full Job Description
Coordinate, develop and implement the operation of The Helms Academy High School Diploma and English as a Second Language Program by providing instruction, leadership, support and assistance to the students by maintaining a comfortable and effective learning environment. Administers diagnostic, competency and proficiency tests; monitors attendance and performance, track academic progress, coordinates student schedules; provides counseling and referrals to social services; documents academic credits earned; conduct orientation meetings for new students and design workshop sessions for all students to meet their academic potential.
- Responsible to record and maintain data and progress of students in the Goodwills case management system the Adult Education skills software , the English as Second Language software and all student files. Supplement student case records with documentation as necessary.
- Provide academic and social assistance and support to students when needed.
- Prepare various reports and present findings.
- Meet on a one-to-one or group to review the student progress towards their desired goals.
- Offer a safe space for the student to share their academic worries and concerns.
- Support the student to make an Action Plan outlining their motivation and goals.
- Monitor student progress and activity throughout the duration of assigned student schedules, offering supportive assistance and guidance to the students when needed.
- Act as coach to ensure attendance, completion and progress in coursework.
- Market and recruit students to participate in training at Helms Academy locations.
- Assists in the development of Helms Academy goals and objectives across all programs
- Recommends and assists in developing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Understand, assess and implement ESL software and curriculum based on student needs
- Supervise the maintenance and confidentiality of school records.
- Represent the Helms Academy as a member of the community at Adult Literacy committees and councils.
- Actively participate in Helms/ESL meetings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Provide instruction in various adult learning methods and mediums as needed.
- Provide supervision and motivation to students enrolled in each skills program.
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to provide conflict resolution skills.
- Act as a positive role model for employees, trainees, and customers in all aspects of professional performance.
- Interact courteously with other employees of Goodwill and of businesses for which Goodwill provides services.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality, accuracy, and a professional work environment.
- Follow all Goodwill policies and safety procedures. Must possess professional etiquette.
- Regular attendance is required.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write, and communicate clearly in English.
- Knowledge of local support social services.
- Ability to counsel and encourage students to overcome barriers.
- Thorough knowledge of adult education principles, personnel supervision, curriculum development, program evaluation techniques, and computer use.
- Able to plan and implement instructional programs appropriate to adult learners, and the ability to relate to students of various ages, ethnic backgrounds, and cognitive abilities.
- Must possess professional telephone skills and manners.
- Flexibility to cover other areas of Goodwill when needed.
- Available to work flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and occasional long hours.
- Self-starter with excellent anticipation skills, follow up, dependability, and sense of urgency about getting results.
- Ability to engage in prolonged sitting, standing and/or walking.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multitask in a deadline driven environment.
*Please mention you saw this ad on FacultyJobs.*
Faculty Jobs in Popular Cities