132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Music Part-Time Instructor
Palo Verde College is a publicly supported 2-year college located in the beautiful Southeastern California desert. Yearly enrollment is approximately 7,000 students (full and part-time).
NATURE OF THE POSITION
The instructor will teach classes within the approved discipline(s). In addition, the instructor shall be responsible for maintaining and updating curriculum relevant to the assigned instructional area. This position could involve assignment during day, evening, weekends, and high-quality correspondence education modality. Training will be provided.
- Examples of Duties
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides instruction in all areas of the approved discipline.
- Prepares, evaluates, and revises courses and course materials.
- Maintain organized sets of course and student records.
- Enforce the rules and regulations of the college.
- Utilize approved textbooks and following the course objectives, course content, and evaluation standards as listed in the course outline.
- Maintain the scheduled days and class hours as listed in the class schedule.
- Maintain accurate grade and census records for each student on the class record sheets provided and submit them to the record office, as an official record, by the deadline established for these records by the Registrar.
- Give final exams in each class according to the official schedule of days, times, and locations unless permission has been received from the Vice President of Instructional and Student Services.
- Notify the Instructional Services Department promptly whenever regularly assigned duties cannot be performed.
- Attend part-time faculty meetings, when requested to do so. (Part-Time faculty are welcome to all regular faculty meetings, check contract for compensation requirement.)
- Return all keys at the end of each semester to the Administrative Services Department.
- Keep current in one’s academic field(s).
- Work collegially with full-time faculty and staff.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels.
- Speak so others will be able to clearly understand normal in person conversations.
- See for the purpose of reading laws and codes, rules and policies, and other printed matter.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Educational/Experience Qualifications
- The instructor shall meet the minimum qualifications required for the discipline, consisting of: Master’s in music; OR Bachelor’s in music AND Master’s in humanities OR the equivalent
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Meet criteria of regulatory authorities related to the particular instructional programs, such as, Statewide Board of Nursing, federal and state Vocation and Education Act programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Generally, a master’s degree is a minimum requirement for academic areas of instruction. In areas where a master’s degree is not generally available or expected, the minimum qualifications are any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
Applicants who feel they meet the equivalent to the above-stated minimum qualifications must complete the Supplemental Questionnaire for Equivalency in order to be considered. The Supplemental Questionnaire application must be submitted in conjunction with the applicant’s application. When completing the application, be sure to explain in detail how your qualifications are equivalent to the required minimum qualifications. All course work must be from an accredited college or university.
To obtain the Supplemental Questionnaire application please contact:
Human Resources Technician II
- Teaching experience, preferably at the community college level.
- A firm commitment to the needs of students with diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds and levels of ability with multi-cultural teaching experience.
- Additional academic preparation enabling instructor to teach in an additional discipline.
- Supplemental Information
Palo Verde College is located in the City of Blythe at one of the busiest entrance points to California. The college is located in a desert oasis adjacent to the beautiful Colorado River and the Palo Verde Valley. Blythe, and the fertile Palo Verde Valley, is primarily a farming and ranching area. Boating, fishing and hunting attract many tourists. The Palo Verde Valley is centrally located between Phoenix and Los Angeles, Las Vegas and the Mexican border. The valley’s great climate, with more than 350 days of sunshine and mild winters, attracts thousands of winter visitors every year.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment are typical of an instructional job in a classroom and office environment.
- The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, as listed above, with or without a reasonable accommodation
CLASSIFICATION & SALARY
- Temporary, part-time, hourly assignment, certificated position on a needed basis.
- Placement on the academic salary schedule will be determined by education and experience.
Our employment online application process is designed to assist the search committee in evaluating whether or not you possess the required knowledge and skills for the position for which you are applying. Job-related information from all applicants will be evaluated to identify those best qualified. Only the best-qualified applicants will be selected for testing and further consideration. Therefore, the online application must be completed to allow a comprehensive review and evaluation. Failure to complete the online application (and supplemental material, when required) will constitute failure to comply with the selection process and the application will be rejected.
- To guarantee consideration, a completed application and any other required material listed, must be submitted with the online application by the published closing date.
- Applications are only accepted for positions currently open for recruitment.
- Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee you an interview.
- Current employees who are applying for a position should be aware that material from their personnel files will not be included as part of the application packet, and they should provide information on past and present employment in the same degree of detail as any other candidate.
- Applicants wishing to apply for more than one position must submit a separate application and required materials for each position.
- Legible photocopies of documents will only be accepted.
- Travel costs related to the interview process will be borne solely by the candidate.
- Please read the job announcement/description carefully to ensure your background and education meet the requirements of the position
- The selection process may also include practical exercise (i.e., training demonstration and/or other written, technical manipulative, or simulation exercises), or skilled testing to evaluate candidates’ qualifications.
- Applicants with foreign transcripts must be evaluated by an Accredited United States Institution, please see the approved organizations listed in the following link: https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/cl635.pdf?sfvrsn=bb4f6e6a_6 or the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services link: https://www.naces.org/
Memorandum Qualification Form (http://www.paloverde.edu/faculty-staff/pdf/memorandum-qualification-form.pdf)
Copies of Official Transcripts (Must show all work completed and the conferral date of the degree. If hired original transcripts must be submitted)
Six References (3 Professional and 3 Personal)
Professional Licenses (If applicable)
*Please mention you saw this ad on FacultyJobs.*
Faculty Jobs in Popular Cities